#184: Narrative Designer Edwin McRae
In this episode, Harrison and Dirk speak with Edwin McRae, a narrative designer. They discuss the importance of the narrative line in game design and how it can keep game players engaged throughout a game with immersive details.
- 00:14 Welcome Edwin
- 00:17 Edwin’s background
- 03:34 What is a narrative designer?
- 05:48 What processes or tools does Edwin use?
- 07:04 What is jigsaw storytelling?
- 08:26 What is Harrison’s background in narrative storytelling?
- 10:54 Information on Edwin’s work on Path of Exile
- 13:40 Edwin’s background in school and professionally
- 17:01 Edwin’s book writing on narrative design for indies
- 20:07 Advice to indies on hiring a narrative designer
- 23:09 What if someone is part way through developing and feels like the narrative is not right
- 27:27 How would a young writer get experience in game design?