#220 New Directions with Dirk and David
Dirk Knemeyer – @DKnemeyer, artana.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
David Heron – @DavidVHeron
– 00:37 David talks about his new design consulting work
– 06:21 David expounds on his consulting and some of the issues facing AAA video game development
– 09:24 How did “David the Consultant” come to be?
– 11:23 How does consulting work with smaller indie studios, and is it financially viable?
– 16:29 What David likes and doesn’t like about consulting versus designing
– 21:49 What’s new with Dirk and his game company Artana
– 25:40 Did game publishing get more difficult since Dirk Kickstarted his first game?
– 31:32 What changes with Dirk’s design work now?
– 34:30 Changing the rotating co-host structure
– 38:47 David talks about why he wanted to stick around and what he loves about the show
– 42:04 Future plans for the show, including a new series examining the intersection of theme and game design