#188 Listener Question – You Don’t Blind Test a Painting
In this episode, Dirk, Kathryn and Rob get together to answer listener questions around playtesting and professional backgrounds in design.
Dirk Knemeyer – @DKnemeyer, artana.com, email@example.com
Kathryn Hymes – @chicalashaw, thornygames.com
Rob Daviau – @robdaviau
- 00:40 Blind playtesting and publishing rulebooks
- 02:50 When Rob was at Hasbro, did they do playtesting?
- 05:47 Too much or too little playtests
- 09:53 More thoughts on too much playtesting
- 12:30 Thoughts on the cost of plastic miniatures
- 16:37 3D printing technology speculation
- 18:24 What makes a tactics game really click with players and what are some common pitfalls?
- 21:22 How does a professional background in writing apply to game design?