#187 Listener Question – Acronym Edition
In this episode, David, Dirk and Harrison get together to answer listener questions.
Lots of acronyms and great insights in this episode! JRPG, MUD, MMO …
David Heron – @DavidVHeron
Dirk Knemeyer – @DKnemeyer, artana.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Harrison Pink – @gilespink, email@example.com
- 00:37 Do classic JRPG mechanics makes games more fun or less?
- 00:59 What IS a JRPG?
- 06:02 Why did they stay around for so long?
- 07:50 Puzzles vs street fights
- 08:14 Putting the timer in the players hand, more cerebral, strategic and creative
- 09:39 In The Walking Dead games, were there prototypes where the timer pressure was removed?
- 11:54 Turn based games are not a prolific now. Why might that be?
- 15:05 MUDs vs MMOs
- 16:51 MUD and MMO budget considerations
- 20:23 Content generation is the biggest problem when designing
- 21:25 The difference between writing and drawing
- 22:46 Recommendations for finding and working with programmers
- 30:14 Most software projects tend to be late and over-budget
- 32:13 What has Harrison been up to lately?