In this final episode of 2017, David, Dirk and Kathryn get together to review 2017 and look forward to 2018.
David Heron – @DavidVHeron
Dirk Knemeyer – @DKnemeyer, artana.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathryn Hymes – @chicalashaw, thornygames.com
- 00:41 2017 for David – Big changes, moved back to Toronto and different companies
- 02:17 Changes in the Boston area in terms of the game design community
- 03:25 Boston vs Toronto
- 05:17 Kathryn’s job movements … in 2016. How is it at Slack?
- 06:49 What about Slack as a game design tool?
- 09:41 Dirk’s 2017 and his introspection on making more games
- 11:39 2018 plans for Dirk
- 13:55 2017 for Kathryn and lessons learned with Kickstarter projects and getting a project brought to life.
- 17:12 2018 plans for Kathryn
- 20:46 How David’s side project fared as well as a new studio space in Toronto
- 23:23 David’s 2018 plans for an RPG game to be released
- 26:00 Dirk’s 2018 plans include the release of two games
- 28:48 Kathryn is looking to make small games in 2018 to stretch her design muscles
- 30:44 Happy New Year!