In this episode, David and Dirk speak with game designer Cole Wehrle. They discuss Cole’s work and how to find balance designing games with deep historical and cultural context.
Cole Wehrle – @colewehrle , www.boardgamegeek.com
David Heron – @DavidVHeron
Dirk Knemeyer – @DKnemeyer, artana.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 00:07 Welcome Cole
- 00:40 Sierra Madre Games
- 02:46 Appreciating Games even if not completely enjoying them
- 03:37 How Cole got his first game published
- 06:39 Information about the game John Company
- 09:00 John Company vs Greed
- 10:23 Challenge vs Academic and how it manifests in Coles new game
- 16:37 Are these post-colonial games?
- 18:16 When you find the gap, how do you map the act of playing the game that can close the gap?
- 23:04 What is the impact of Cole’s games within the gaming community?
- 29:23 Specificity and a players experience with the content
- 35:01 Cole’s Kickstarter