Designer Nels Anderson stops by to talk to Dirk and Harrison about his work on 2016’s hit Firewatch. Nels worked with a small team at Campo Santo studios to create a unique storytelling adventure that was a critically acclaimed success. Nels describes the pros and cons of working with a small team of core developers and the lessons he learned from working on a team that was birthing their first game together.
- 0:00:58 – Firewatch
- 0:08:00 – Getting started
- 0:11:53 – Narrative and level design
- 0:15:14 – Working with a small team
- 0:18:42 – Firewatch as a first game
- 0:23:14 – Current projects
- 0:26:13 – Design lessons learned