Dirk, David, and Harrison tackle the mail bag after an exciting announcement about Rob’s new company, Restoration Games. Restoration’s goal is to reprint and modernize classic games that are no longer available. Our hosts go on to talk about games that are overproduced (as well as micro games), the concept of player choice vs. direction, and where to get all the shiny bits needed for prototyping.
- 0:00:32 – Harrison’s status
- 0:03:03 – Rob and Restoration Games
- 0:07:37 – When is game setup part of the game?
- 0:11:40 – Number of decision points in a game
- 0:18:57 – The incremental idle genre
- 0:25:19 – Overproduced games and micro games
- 0:31:47 – Where can you draw inspiration from?
- 0:34:35 – Forcing interactions or letting players choose
- 0:40:33 – Using real locations in games
- 0:44:39 – Should rules always place setup first?
- 0:54:44 – What parts are you attracted to for prototypes?